Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Completed Project - Kid's Summer Dress.

Here is another project that I just sort of sat down and started knitting. This is a summer dress I made using Knit Picks Shine Worsted yarn (60% Pima Cotton, 40% Modal) in the color "Dandelion." I love using this yarn, it is soft, has a beautiful sheen, and washes up nicely in the washing machine.

I worked this dress in the round from the top down. I cast on enough stitches to go around my daughters chest, worked in stockinette until long enough then increased and started working in a very simple flower eyelet stitch until the dress was long enough. After casting off, I crocheted around the top edge of the dress and worked two straps to tie it with. I had originally wanted to knit real straps for the dress, but didn't have enough yarn so I settle with two simple ties instead. I used 9 skeins of yarn altogether so the total cost of the dress was just under $27.

My daughter loves this bright and fun dress and has been wearing it every chance she gets. I love that it is easy to care for and is so cheery and summery :)


No comments:

Post a Comment