Sunday, August 4, 2013

Knitting at night.

Knitting at night while sleep deprived is STUPID!!! I decided to stay up and knit while waiting for my husband to get off work last night. After a couple hours of good progress, I noticed I had made a mistake, 10 rounds ago!! I miscounted and had an extra round, which messes up the cable. My husband (the man who can't seem to find anything while grocery shopping) spotted it right away, then tried to convince me no one would notice and I should just leave it :/

I know the mistake is there, and it would bother me every time I saw the longies. I can't leave it. I am just a little too OCD to allow that.

That longer section just messes up the look of the braided cable.

The only question is, how do I go about this? Do I just take the needles out and frog back to the mistake, then carefully put the live stitches back onto the needle? Tink back 10 rounds? Try to make a too-late life line? Or just drop the cable stitches and try to "fix" just that area? I opted for the last one. It'll be a piece of cake, right?

That doesn't look so bad, now to "fix" my dropped stitches.

Okay so that wasn't nearly as bad as I was anticipating. It was actually fairly easy and quick. It looks alright. Now to fix the other side and then start on the gussets increases.

Maybe I've learned my lesson and won't knit when my brain doesn't function... Yeah right! Lol That would take all the challenge out of knitting ;)


2 comments:

  1. LOL! I am sorry! I have had the same happen to me every once in a while! I am glad to see I'm not the only one!

    The longies look like they are going to be gorgeous though! I love the color, the cables are going to pop in it!

    How has the knitpicks wool of the andes yarn held up in the soakers you have made? I am still having trouble deciding on what yarn to use for my soakers. I have bought two skeins patons classic, two skeins of hobby lobby i love this wool. I think I am going to try a few skeins of cascade 220, knit picks WOA, and lambs pride to see what I like best, but all your stuff turned out so cute. if it works well maybe itd be better to get it all in one shot. LOL decisions decisions!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wool of the Andes has held up great so far. The shorties were very heavily used for a couple months (as in every single night and quite often during the days as well). It has pilled up some, as expected, but otherwise in great condition. I've been very pleased with how the yarn has functioned, especially for a "cheaper" yarn.

    ReplyDelete