Saturday, June 4, 2011

Sweater progress

Okay, I admit I fell behind. I did finally get done with the bodice and am working the lace skirt. I haven't been on the internet much and have been kind of frustrated with the sweater.  I had made a couple (time consuming) mistakes while working the lace, and was too frustrated to blog about it. Now I am a bit frustrated that the lace is taking so long. I had hoped to get the sweater done by my birthday on the 9th, but that isn't going to happen. I need to knit 16 inches of lace and I can complete about an inch and a half per day. I still have to make the sleeves as well. Somehow I didn't anticipate it taking this long. Thank goodness it is looking so nice, otherwise I may have given up on it by now.

So, here are the pictures thus far.


Here is the bodice complete. looks tiny compared with my hand, but I tried it on to determine length and it stretches to fit really well (most likely thanks to that 2X1 ribbing). You can see that I started the lace skirt, just.


Just a close up of the lace work. This is half of the 12 rows that make up the lace pattern. This took me the better part of one evening to do. A full 12 rows (or one complete pattern repeat) takes me nearly all evening to knit. It isn't overly complicated, but there are a lot of yarn overs, different decreases, and there are 294 tiny stitches on the needles. It makes for some slow progress.


This is my progress as of today. That is 6 inches of lace. It looks pretty, but it's a bit depressing when I realize that it took me nearly a week to make that much lace...and I have 10 inches left!!!


A close up of the lace work. It does look pretty though :)


Another close up, with my hand for scale.

I finished watching seasons 3-6 of Desperate Housewives along with some random anime and the 3 episodes of the new Sherlock show while knitting the bodice part of the sweater. I started watching the English subbed Inu-Yasha anime while working on the lace. I don't know why, but I decided to figure out how many hours I've spent working on the lace so far. I am on episode 50, at 24 minutes each that comes out to 20 hours of anime while working on lace. Thank goodness there are 120 episodes left!

2 comments:

  1. If I have any questions about Inuyasha I'll know who to ask! And that lacework is LOVELY! Whoohoo Satire, keep it up! You are a finisher! (PS that series is so funny in the beginning.....)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment Ned Bandit! I have the skirt all done now and am working on my first sleeve. I've been watching "Merlin" some while knitting now (still working on InuYasha as well) and while it is hard to get used to a young Merlin, the show isn't half bad. As far as acting and production, it is quite similar to the BBC "Robin Hood."

    ReplyDelete