Friday, May 20, 2011

Yarn, with pictures.

The yarn came on Monday like planned, so I am pretty slow getting pictures up. I've been busy working on the sweater naturally ;)


Here are all 6 hanks of the Cherry Tree Hill Supersock Silk Solids yarn in the color "Tea Rose" Thankfully I got it cheaper than it is currently on "sale" for.


Just a close up of the hanks.


Here I have a hank ready for winding, with kitty ready to supervise.


Here are my two "center-pull" hand wound balls. Will wind more later.


Here is roughly two full days worth of knitting on the Abotanicity sweater from knitty.com.
Size 3 needles shown.


Same amount of progress as above, just trying to show some scale as well as the 2x1 rib detail.

This picture I just took; so about 4 days of work. I just joined on the second ball, so the yarn is going further than I was expecting. I can't honestly say that I look forward to more winding...



I have really enjoyed working with the yarn. It is 80% superwash merino wool, 20% silk, so technically I could machine wash it, but I think I will opt to It has a nice feel to it and a beautiful sheen. I am really hoping that there is enough yarn leftover to make a pair of socks as well (not that I would wear the socks and the sweater at the same time, I'm not THAT tacky...)

As far as the pattern goes, it has been very straight-forward so far. It is knit from the top down. The part I have pictured is the yoke of the sweater, narrow end is the neckline. In a few more inches I will be splitting it to divide for the bodice and arms. Because of the yarn size it is going rather slowly, but I really don't mind. The yarn feels lovely, and the pattern so far is so simple that I can watch tv while working on this (I recommend BBCs Masterpiece Mystery!: Sherlock (available on Netflix). It is a clever modernization and just complex enough to really complement simple knitting (: )

I'll post more pictures when I get the split done and have started on the skirt portion of the sweater.

1 comment:

  1. It has been a few days and I'm still haven't got to the splitting point. I only have two more increase rounds to work (4 total with the regular rounds) so I am close, but each round takes awhile. There are over 500 stitches on right now, and it is getting a bit discouraging since it feels like I've been doing the same thing forever. I took a break yesterday and have been knitting a little less hard-core for a couple days. I think I am beginning to get burnt out, so it is good that I am really close to finally making that split!

    Pictures of the split when I get there! (since right now it feels like a milestone, lol)

    ReplyDelete