Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Christmas knit #11 "Muscari" socks progress.

I ripped out the "Muscari" socks after deciding the medium size was going to be too big. They would have been okay for me, but I am making these socks for a petite woman and they would have been big and sloppy on her. Starting over set me back a bit, but not too bad. I have worked on it until I have the cuff and three repeats of the patterns. I am not going to make the leg portion very long because the recipient is petite, so I will only be doing 2-3 more repeats before starting the heel.


You can see that I am working off of one ball this time instead of two. I made a center pull ball and am using the inside end for one sock and the outside end for the other. This is not much different than working from two balls, only I have to make sure to keep the strands from wrapping around each other. This is probably how I will be doing it from now on, as it makes winding less of a pain.

I was trying to show the pattern here, but it isn't really showing up very well. The pattern shows up quite well in person. In fact the designer said creating a pattern that handles stripes and hand painted yarns was her goal when she designed the Muscari pattern. I would say she succeeded beautifully, even if my pictures don't do it justice.

I am still enjoying working on these socks. I m really enjoying this yarn and especially this colorway. The colors are beautiful and they really pop. I like this "Lullaby" color much better than either "Make Believe" or "Juice box" which I had recently used. I keep thinking that if this were in a sport or worsted weight it would make a handsome sweater. (I don't plan on making a sweater out of fingering weight yarn again anytime soon, lol).

I will post more pictures once I get the heel done :)

No comments:

Post a Comment