Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Completed Project - kids shirt.

I recently finished the shirt for my younger daughter. I used the same Knit Picks CotLin yarn that I used for my eldest daughter's shirt, but this time I only used about 3 2/3 skeins of yarn. I used the "Lacy Heart Curtain" stitch allover for a fun and girly look. I continued the pattern up the straps and joined them using Kitchener stitch (grafting). I finished the shirt by crocheting a scalloped edge along the bottom. I think it turned out nice, and my daughter loves it, so mission accomplished!

I made the shirt long on purpose. The tunic-like length will hopefully allow her to get a couple years of wear out of it. In the pictures she has worn it all day and stretched the bottom quite a lot, but it seems to snap back and relax nicely after a whirl in the wash. I really do love that the yarn is so easy to care for. The more washes it goes through the nicer the drape and feel of the fabric become. Someday I may venture to make a shirt for myself out of the CotLin yarn, but not for a good long time ;)






No comments:

Post a Comment