Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Baby bib.



I just finished making this baby bib today. I used the pattern "I-Love-Stockinette Baby Bib" by Laura Treadway (downloaded free from Ravelry.com), size 6 needles ('cause that's what was on my cable from the last project) and Sugar 'N Cream yarn. I've never used this yarn before. My mom uses it all the time for dish rags, but I kinda hated knitting with it. It just sort of felt cheap in hand and didn't move very easily on my needles which really slowed down my knitting. The price was good though and it's just going to be catching baby spit, so no biggy. I have another skein, so all in all, I will most likely end up with 3 bibs in this color. If I were to buy yarn for this again, I would get a blend that was softer (not that I could find such a thing locally).

Update: 10/11/2013

I was correct on getting 3 bibs out of the two skeins of yarn. They soak up a good amount of drool, and bub enjoys chewing on them. I'm happy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment