Saturday, September 7, 2013

Knitting "progress"

Since last I wrote, I have done astonishingly little knitting. I assumed I would have evenings to knit. You know, after the girls are done with school, and while the baby is happily playing or napping. Stupid, stupid, plan. There has not been a single evening so far that has been open for knitting.

Since last time I posted I have managed to frog 2 newborn soakers and use the yarn to make a medium sized soaker. Alas, I am out of lanolin, so it sits unused for now. I have completed 3 rows on the orange "Brainless" socks; big progress, I know, lol Also during school hours I've managed to knit 3 "mug-rugs" (basic garter stitch squares large enough to set a mug on) from scrap acrylic yarn.

I have far off plans of making more woolies for my baby. I really like the Rhino Romper, and want to make one with long legs and sleeves for winter. I also have my eye on a monster longies pattern over at ravelry.com. I think I will make this one next, just have to check if I have enough yarn to make it. Hopefully I'll be able to make a yarn order within the next few months, but until then I'll just have to go through my "left-overs." (my amount of yarn does not qualify as a "stash" in my view).

No comments:

Post a Comment