Friday, October 25, 2013

Old Projects Update.

 I am terrible at finishing projects once I step away from them for any length of time. I forced myself to go back and work on a couple projects that have been abandoned for months.






 This is my first sleeve for the Scarlow jacket (knitty.com pattern by King Bee) for my husband (back and front pieces were finished long ago). I frogged an old crocheted afghan that I never finished for the yarn. If I like how it turns out using the Super Saver, I will buy some wool to make a nicer jacket for him (given he actually wears this one and doesn't just stuff it in the back of the closet while telling me he likes it). It's really irritating this picture posted upside down :/

These orange socks are made using one of my favorite sock patterns - Brainless. The pattern is simple, yet fun. I am using Knit Picks Comfy Cotton in fingering weight. I had been working on these socks towards the end of my pregnancy... my baby will be 5 months old here in a couple days. I was partially through the heel sections (not the best place to leave off, lol) and now have a bit of the legs done. It shouldn't take me long to finish these, assuming I ever work on them again ;)

I also have a pair of black socks hidden away somewhere. The plan was to make thigh-highs, though I think I may just make the cuff at knee length instead (if I ever find where I put them).

No comments:

Post a Comment