Friday, October 25, 2013

Yarn for Steggie.



My yarn order came a couple days ago! I am currently working on winding the hanks of Swish into workable cakes (surprising how much time it takes up). The Swish Tonal in "Harvest" colorway is very pretty. I am pleased with it, I think it will work out very nicely. I ordered a black 16 inch separating zipper off Amazon. I wasn't sure about the black, but of my options that didn't include paying shipping fees, it was the best option. I am dreading sewing in the zipper. I don't sew very much, and have never sewn a zipper in before, let alone on a knitted garment. We'll see how it turns out. I do hope to get my gauge swatch done today and hopefully start working on the back this evening.

Besides the yarn I ordered for the jacket for my nephew, I also got one ball of dishie in the colorway "Maps." I completed one dish rag last night.

I have a couple posts planned that I hope to get up today, mostly current pictures of what I am working on and have recently finished. I made a sweater for the baby, am working on another one, made some more progress on the orange socks, started over on a sleeve for my husband's jacket, and made that dish rag last night (mostly while watching Marvel's Agents of SHEILD on Hulu, my husband really likes that show).

No comments:

Post a Comment