Sunday, March 2, 2014

Recently completed projects.

I've been pretty lax on my posting, but here's what I've gotten done recently.

This first one is a shirt I knit for my 7-year-old daughter. I used about 1 1/2 skeins of Lion Brand Wool-Ease; what was left over from the Steggie jacket for my older daughter. I used a top-down raglan recipe and used a simple eyelet diamond stitch pattern for the bottom section. I made it tunic length so it will fit her for at least a couple years. She likes it, and I'm pleased with how it turned out!





The next project is a bit similar. I used the same raglan recipe and number of stitches, but used a larger needle and bulky weight Lion Brand Homespun yarn (color Baroque). This was all yarn that was frogged (previously was an adult sweater and a small child's dress). I used an eyelet flower stitch pattern for the skirt with increases running down the sides for shaping. Again, I made this on the large side so it will fit for longer. My eldest is a big fan of dresses, and is really pleased with this long and flowy one.


I also finished the orange socks, but don't have a picture currently. I am working on a pair of cabled socks on teeny tiny needles that is taking forever (but they will last forever because of the tight knit (that is the theory anyway)).

The weather is perfect for knitting, cold and snowy, but I have been so busy with other things I haven't had much time for knitting. I don't have any plans for new projects for awhile, at least not knit. I have a few boxes of old jeans waiting to be made up into blankets. The idea is that I'll make one for each of my children, though it seems ambitious enough to get through one, lol

No comments:

Post a Comment