Friday, November 18, 2011

Christmas Knit #6.

For Christmas knit number 6 I decided on a men's entrelac scarf. I started it tonight and am loving it so far. The pattern I selected is "Danica" from Knitty.com

The yarn selected for this project is KnitPicks Swish worsted yarn. I bought 2 skeins each of "Lava Heather" and "Hollyberry." "Hollyberry" is the pure red color and is my main color. The yarn is 100% Superwash merino wool, so it is machine washable and super soft. It has been really nice in hand and looks great worked up.

Here is my progress so far this evening. (click the picture to enlarge it) I have the beginning triangles, section 2, and section 3 done. I will repeat sections 2 and 3 until it is long enough. It looks complicated but is actually pretty easy and very fun to work. This is going to be one cool looking scarf!

I will try very hard to be better with posting updates. I just haven't felt like posting for awhile, and then Skyrim (a really awesome video game) has been eating up all my non-knitting free-time. I have only worked on the scarf for about an hour and 20 minutes so far, so I am thinking it is going to knit up pretty quickly. I'll try to post a picture of my weekend progress.
On a last note, I will most likely be starting a pair of socks before completing this project. I have been itching to try out my newer knitpicks needles (the lopsided ones that I decided to keep) and that bright yarn is calling to me. When I was winding the hank into balls, I was getting nauseous from the bright swirly colors, so I am dying to see what it looks like worked into socks. Hopefully it is fun, and not hideous looking, lol When I do start I will post about it though, so no worries ;)

2 comments:

  1. Sounds great! I hope the yarn doesn't make you sick while knitting those socks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha, me too. I plan to start them tonight, so I'll be finding out soon!

    ReplyDelete