Friday, November 18, 2011

Christmas Knits, #4 & #5 complete!

Yes the "Flit + Float" scarves are finally done! I completed the red scarf and blocked it last night. The purple scarf was finished earlier this afternoon and is blocking right now.

 Here it is being blocked. It may look purple, but it is the red scarf.

 I made little cones out of card-stock to hold open the little ruffles during blocking.

 Just a picture to show the middle of the scarf.

 Here is the scarf all blocked and pretty. This picture shows the color the best and truest to life.

 Look at the pretty lace :D

 The color is way off here, but it's just a close up of the ruffles anyways.


I am very pleased with how well the scarves turned out and this they make very nice gift items. They did take considerably longer than I had anticipated, but they do look pretty great so I'd say it was worth it! The yarn was nice to work with, though some of the fibers unfortunately look like cat hairs knitted into the fabric (I am 100% sure they are NOT kitty hairs, as I have been super careful to stay away from the cats while working on these). Hopefully the recipients like these scarves as much as I do and enjoy using them.

There are no pictures of the purple scarf yet, though I will update this post with a picture tomorrow :) 


Update: 11-19-11

As promised, here are the pictures of the purple scarf :)




  

2 comments:

  1. Oh my!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I should have taken a look at these too!!!!! They are gorgeous!!! BRAVO!!!!!!! I hadn't realized the pattern earlier...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I will bring one out for you to look at next time you visit if you wish (the main reason being that they feel lovely!)

    ReplyDelete