Monday, November 21, 2011

Christmas knit #7.

I started my seventh Christmas knit last evening. I am making a bright and fun (and crazy!) pair of socks. I am using the "Spring Forward" pattern from knitty.com. Yarn is Knit Picks Stroll Hand Painted (75% superwash merino wool, 25% nylon) in the color "Juice box."

This is the hank when it first arrived. Those are some crazy colors!

Here are the two balls wound into equal-ish portions. Winding those balls with those bright colors was dizzying and sickening, and honestly had me a bit concerned about how the socks will turn out.

 A close up of those crazy colors :)

Here is my progress so far. I have the cuff made and barely over one full repeat of the lace pattern. I think it is knitting up fairly quickly, seeing as how I haven't really worked on it much so far. I like the way the colors look more than I thought I would, and it isn't really sickening at all :P The colors do make the pattern hard to see, especially in the picture. I am hoping the pattern will show better once the sock is complete and has been blocked, if not then, oh-well.

The pattern calls for DPNs, but I am using magic loop method instead, just FYI ;) I am using the knit picks 2.25mm needle, and the different sized tips hasn't been an issue for me. I am using the sharper of the two tips to knit with and it is working well. I also must comment that this is the easiest lace pattern I have ever worked. It looks pretty enough, but is very simple and easy to memorize (great for tv watching!). I am enjoying knitting these happy socks :)

No comments:

Post a Comment