Friday, March 8, 2013

Current knitting plans, and lanolizing.

I just posted a whole slew of finished projects, and I think I am finally caught up. I haven't been posting very regularly here lately, and things were getting away from me.

I have two sink-fulls of baby woolies lanolizing right now. I never really thought about just how long it would take to get a wool item fully prepped for first use. I thought once would be fine, but nope! First time lanolizing needs 3-4 rounds! It wouldn't be so bad if it didn't take the thicker wool items two full days to dry between each lanolizing. I am finding that the process is pretty easy, it just takes a while.

I probably have plenty of soakers made already, but I plan to make up a few more. I want to make a couple more of the wrap style soakers. I think they will work best during the newborn stage. I have three pairs of pants made for my little boy, and that really should be all I make in newborn size. I will make a few in the 3-6 month range, but maybe not for a week or so.

To break things up a bit, I started working on a baby hat today. The only problem is that the hat is going to be a super quick knit. To extend the life of the project, I am going to make another one in a toddler size as well. I am making these for the little girl the blue blanket was for, and I am using the left over yarn from that blanket. The hats should be pretty cute and are quite girly and frilly without being over-the-top.

I have a few patterns that I found a couple weeks ago that I need to buy yarn for, otherwise I would be working on them right now.  I found a pretty awesome pattern for a knitted Cactuar!! If you know what that is and anything about me, you can only guess how badly I want to make it! I will make that thing, as soon as I can justify buying "unnecessary" yarn. I also found a pattern for a Totoro toy that looks pretty cool. I am pretty sure my baby boy NEEDS a Totoro toy (at least as much as he needs a Cactuar toy anyway, lol).

That's about it for my current knitting plans. There is so much going on with preparing for the birth and the baby that I don't really have much time to knit outside of school hours. There are so many things I want to make, but such limited time and yarn : )

No comments:

Post a Comment