Friday, March 8, 2013

"pinkgreen Knit Wool Tie Wrap," Completed!

I've made a few wool soakers by now, and wanted to try something other than the pull-up kind for a change. I found a wrap style soaker on Ravelry, and whipped one up really quickly (seriously it only took part of an afternoon to knit up). I made it in Knit Picks Wool of the Andes Bulky (discontinued handpainted in the color "Polar." I really hate that they don't sell the handpainted colors currently as many of them were very pretty), and it turned out quite well I thought. I made the newborn size and used about half of the hank.






I think the wrap will be very easy to get a really good fit with, and should fit for a longer amount of time than the pull up style. The wrap pictured above was made for someone else, so I won't be trying it on my baby. I did however make another wrap with worsted weight yarn for my baby, though I did not take any pictures of it. Since I have all the wool items sitting in a lanolin bath at the moment, pictures will have to wait. Obviously the bulky weight yarn made a little stiffer, thicker, and bulkier soaker, but should also absorb more. Both soakers turned out really well and I will be making more of these; hopefully I'll remember to take pictures when I do ; P

No comments:

Post a Comment