Thursday, March 24, 2011

It's Raining Yarn!

My yarn came! It came early, really early actually. I ordered the Lions Brand yarns from Jo-Ann Fabrics website the 16th and the Patons Grace Yarn from Knitting-Warehouse.com a few days after. They both came today, even though I just received the shipping conformation from Knitting-Warehouse this morning. This was my first time ordering from Knitting-Warehouse, but they were fast and the yarn dye-lot looks consistent through all 14 balls, so I'll probably be ordering from them again.

So here are the pictures!


Just opened the boxes, that's a lot of yarn!


The Cotton-Ease for the spring dresses.

This is the "Lime" color I selected for my 4 year old's dress. It is much more muted than in the photos in the pattern I selected, though I've yet to see it out under the sun.

Here is the "Berry" color I chose for my 6 year old's dress. I think she'll be pleased with the color, since she loves all things pink :)


I have to admit, I am pleased with the Wool-Ease "Eggplant" yarn. It is a bit brighter than I was expecting, but will look beautiful for the Lady's Pullover I selected to make. It is also much softer than I was expecting. I can't wait to work with this yarn.


Here is the most expensive yarn that I ordered. I got 14 balls for $61.05 including shipping and handling (shipping was $5.75 for USPS). I paid $48.00 for all the rest of the yarn (shipping was free). I did get all my yarn on sale though. I got the Patons Grace for $3.95 a ball instead of the regular $4.99. I got the Cotton-Ease for $3.70 per skein instead of the regular $5.79, and the Wool-Ease I paid $2.30 instead of $3.99. I ended up saving about $41.

Here is a close up of the Patons Grace "Tangelo" with flash. I hope it has a pretty sheen in bright sun-light, since is it going to be a spring and summer dress.

Here it is without flash. The skeins are rather small, easily fitting into the palm of my hand. I sure hope the dress turns out pretty considering I spent more than usual on the yarn.




I would really like to start working with the Patons Grace, but I need to make the dresses for the kiddos first. While opening the yarn my youngest was telling me she wanted to wear her beautiful green dress today. I really don't think I would be able to complete it in one day, but she was cute asking.

Lastly, here's a picture of my youngest daughter trying to look extra cute while helping me arrange the yarn for picture-taking.

2 comments:

  1. So is your dress going to be tangelo? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes it is. The idea is that if I wear it with white clothes underneath (like a dress, or tee and leggings) that I'll look like an orange dream bar, lol I can't wait to get started on it, but I have to finish the girl's dresses first. I am up super late tonight because I've been working on the green dress (there is a good chance I'll finish it tomorrow (well, later today)).

    ReplyDelete