Monday, March 21, 2011

Projects for Spring!



I've got 4 new projects rounded up, 3 of which are spring projects. The 4th is still okay for spring since this is Montana after all, but it isn't very "Spring" looking. You'll see what I mean once I get to pictures.

The first project I'll be making will be a knit dress for my youngest daughter.  I found this beautiful dress on www.Knitty.com. Follow this link to see the free pattern and additional pictures.





The "Elenka" is a perfect little sun dress for spring and summer, plus the Lion Brand Cotton Ease that is called for in the pattern has some beautiful and bright colors available. The difficulty level is "Tangy" on Knitty.com, which I believe would be approximately a Easy or Easy + on other sites. I will be knitting the dress in the "Lime" color pictured. I will be making a second dress in "Berry" (a mauve-ish pink color) for my older daughter. I have used Cotton Ease before and love the way it knits up and the way the finished garment hangs, plus the super easy care can't be beaten when using it for children's garments. It is difficult to find locally, so I ordered off Jo-Ann Fabrics website during a sale.

The third project I will be making is a crochet dress for myself that I found out of a Patons Grace pattern book I purchased at a local craft store.



I will be making this "Blue Reflection Dress" in Patons Grace in the color "Tangelo." The idea is that the dress will remind one of a delicious orange dream bar. The dress is quite see-through, so will probably be wearing it over either a white tee and leggings, or over a simple white dress. I am really excited about this dress. The yarn is beautiful and a much higher quality yarn that I typically work with. I found some locally, but there was not enough to make the dress, so I ended up ordering it online and getting a pretty good deal on it. The difficulty level is intermediate.

The fourth project I will be working on is a crochet sweater, and the only experienced level project I selected. It does not look particularly difficult though, and should be nice to crochet in the round.




The "Ladylike Pullover" is a free pattern off of Lion Brands website, located here. I will be making this with Lion Brand Wool-Ease in the color "Eggplant." The deep plum color should look splendid in fall (and go very nicely with my dark brown hair), and the wool yarn should be quite warm despite the rather airy design of the sweater. This is another garment that I will need to wear something under, but I don't mind as the design is quite pretty. I have this strange feeling that I might like to wear this sweater in the spring time with a pair of bright yellow capris (or skirt) and a bright yellow tank top under the sweater. Maybe I'm crazy, but that just sounds fun to me...not that I would wear it out on the town or anything, lol

I am still on the hunt for a perfect sweater to knit for my husband. I have found a few that I like that got an "I guess it would be fine" from my husband. I do know what color I would use though, as I think dark grays and deep or musty blues look best on him. I want to make a flattering sweater that looks good on him but that he likes and would want to wear.

The yarns for the spring dresses and the lady's pullover should get here by the weekend (perfect timing!) and the yarn for the dress should be here by the end of the month. I am hoping the yarn comes early, but if not that's okay as I am still working on a hobo style bag currently. Once I am further along on the bag I will post a picture of it. I am trying to use up scrap yarn, but am pretty sure that I will need to buy another skein to finish it. Hopefully I'll have those pictures of the bag progress within a couple days.

No comments:

Post a Comment