Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Just an update.

I was hoping to post pictures of the "Elenka" dresses by now, but I've been slow. I finished the green dress in just over two days and it turned out beautifully. Blocking it made all the difference in the word, though making a blocking board was sort of a pain. The foam board that I used wasn't staying hot-glued to the piece of plywood and I was having troubles with our tiny glue gun. I'm glad the whole deal is over with, but now I've got this massive board that I don't know what to do with, lol.

The second dress is taking me longer. I ate some cake (bad slip-up on my low-carb lifestyle) and I think it has been trying to kill me. I have been feeling horrible (not sick, just bloated and icky) so haven't been knitting at all for a day or so. My 6-year-old daughter has been going through a destructive streak again, which really drains my motivation for making her a pretty dress (she'll more than likely destroy it too). It's been a crummy couple of days, bleh.

Today I am going to force myself to start working on the pink dress for my daughter again. I have nearly 1/3rd of the skirt done. If I pushed myself I could probably get it done tomorrow, but not sure if I will feel like going that hardcore.

I didn't take any pictures of the lime colored dress while making it, so will take pictures of the pink dress. They are basically the same anyways. What I mostly want to show is how big of a difference blocking makes. I was pretty astounded by how big of a difference it made on the dress, especially the daisy stitch on the bodice. While knitting the bodice, I kept thinking "wow, this looks nothing like the picture." I "tinked" (un-knitted) some of it and tried redoing it, but it made no difference. I finally gave up on getting it to look like it did in the picture and just finished it. After blocking it, it looked exactly like it does in the picture...go figure.

I am still excited to get the dresses both done. I am excited to start working on one of the crochet patterns for me, but more than that I plan to have pictures taken of the girls wearing the dresses. It has been awhile since I've gotten any pictures of them taken. I thought some pictures to send to family around Easter time sounded like a good idea.

Hopefully I'll have some progress pictures on the berry "Elenka" dress soon. I suppose, that's all for now.

2 comments: