Friday, March 2, 2012

MoH Dress, please!

I have been slacking with my posting here of late. I am done with the blue sock, the pink tunic, and more than halfway through the foot portion of the green socks. I think I may scrap my old way of doing things, and use the blogger app more to upload pictures more frequently. Right now I feel "behind" and so dread doing the massive updating that is required. I am going to just not bother, and once I block the projects I will post directly onto this blog.

In other news, I started my big project for this year. I mentioned before that I am making my own gown to wear as the "Matron of Honor" for a friends wedding, and I just started it yesterday. I don't really have much progress to show yet (you can't even see the pattern) so I won't post pictures of it just yet. It is really big around (I am working bottom up) and I don't currently have a cable long enough to hold it (one is on the way from KnitPicks.com!). I have been using both of my 40" cables and swapping needle tips and end caps around so I can transfer stitches onto the "working" cable to knit. It isn't hard, but it takes forever and isn't exactly fun. I cast on 1,222 stitches and it took forever! I worked from late afternoon to a little after midnight, and only got 2 1/2 rounds completed (I am also on the second skein of yarn already).

I have been calling this project the MoH Dress, and it is sticking so that is probably what I will refer to it as in future posts. I am making the skirt pretty simple, and I hope to keep the top portion simple as well (though who knows what sort of shaping issues I will encounter). I am really hoping to have the skirt portion completely done before the end of this month, though I will need to wait until May before I knit up the top (so that it fits, as this whole changing weight deal throws a bit of a wrench into making this dress ahead of time). I am hoping to make notes along the way and have a working pattern by the end of the project, not that I am in a big rush to make a second large project.

That is all for now, hopefully pictures in a day or two :)

No comments:

Post a Comment