Monday, March 12, 2012

Christmas knit#11 "Muscari" socks, completed.

Here are the blue socks finally completed and blocked. I had these finished quite awhile ago, but just now got around to blocking them and taking pictures. I figured since the MoH dress is at a stand still until the new needles come, I might as well get some other projects finished.


 Here is the entire sock. The pattern was okay and pretty simplistic in the lace design, and I like the way it looks. That blue yarn is stunning though isn't it? The yarn is Knit Picks Stroll Hand Painted sock yarn in the colorway "Lullaby." I love this sock yarn :D

 Here I am showing the cuff and leg of the sock, plus it is easier to see the lace pattern here.

The heel of the sock is the only part I really didn't like. This was my first time doing a short row heel, and I hated it. I didn't enjoy doing it, and I especially don't care for how it looks or how loose it is. I hope it fits okay and the recipient doesn't dislike it as much as I do.

 And the toe of the sock, just for reference.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, those are amazing! The color and pattern of the yarn really bring out the stich pattern. Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I gave them to my Mother, and she really liked them too, so hooray!

    ReplyDelete