Sunday, March 11, 2012

Needle catastrophe.

A picture is worth a thousand words indeed. As you can plainly see, I am in need of new knitting needles. I wasn't putting very much stress on the needle, just holding it and pulling the yarn along the cable so I had sufficient room to work. Guess I will be making a knit picks order. At least I ought to get good progress made on the socks now (trying really hard to find a silver lining, lol).


This picture is just to show my current progress, though I will obviously be taking a break from working on this until the replacement needles get here (I paid extra for faster shipping, so hopefully I can get back to work in a couple days).

I have never had a wooden Harmony needle break before, and honestly I was pretty surprised when it happened. I almost considered getting a nickle plated needle to replace it, but I got wood again and will try to be more careful from now on.


2 comments:

  1. That's to bad about the needle. I use wooden crochet hooks and I love them. The dress is looking great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment:) I really like these needles, and was surprised that it broke. I am hoping maybe it was a bad needle and the others will stand up better. I tend to be pretty gentle with my things, and have never broke a needle before (even tiny bamboo DPNs). I have never used wooden crochet hooks, though I imagine they would be lovely :)

    ReplyDelete