Friday, January 18, 2013

Fully moded "Cheeky Soaker"



Here's the front of the just finished newborn soaker!


The back!
I quite like how the ribbing looks when extended
from hip to hip instead of just in the center.


A close up of the hip ribbing, just showing the stretch :)


The stretch on the bottom is actually quite impressive! I think.
I should be able to fit a baby, prefold, and insert in there :)


Showing the leg cuff stretch here.


Over-all, I really like the Cheeky Soaker pattern. Granted it is the only soaker pattern I've tried so far, but I don't really feel the need to look for a better one. I will probably make a couple different patterns eventually, just for kicks and giggles. I think it is fantastic that this pattern is not only free, but the designer doesn't care if you sell the ones you've made (not that I plan to do that!). Many designers won't allow you to sell things you've made with their patterns, so it is always great to see a designer who supports work at home mothers :)

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on your baby boy! I just found your blog. I am planning to knit soakers for my someday LO (hoping for a baby). I figure if no baby ever comes they can be gifts LOL. How do you like the wool of the andes yarn is it soft enough? I have heard mixed reviews on it as a soaker, but the price seems hard to beat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am having trouble with the pattern wondering if you can email me at Nikita.7853@live.ca and help me.
    mine is size XL i have knitted down to the part where you need to BO and start knitting flat on the back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd be happy to help you. I sent you an email describing how I worked this section of the pattern. Hopefully it helped some, but feel free to email with any further questions :)

      Delete