Friday, January 18, 2013

Knitting plans for baby boy.

Wednesday we learned we are having a baby boy! So now that I know for sure the baby is a boy, I have tons of projects I really want to knit! It is a bit overwhelming really. I have a stack of patterns that I want to make (I am apparently not capable of picking one pattern then making it, but have to print out a ton of them, lol). The stack is at least an inch thick, lol

I just ordered some yarn for baby projects. I was going to wait until we get the tax return, but I just couldn't help myself ;) I got yarn for a gift blanket and for a blanket for my baby. Yarn for a blue wool soaker, and some discounted sport yarn for making a pair of baby leggings. My order should come sometime next week! I can't wait to start on a new baby project! I'll make the gift blanket first, since that baby is due sooner. I like the pattern and yarn I picked out, so hopefully the parents like it too! I doubt the baby will care much for quite a while, so long as it is soft and cuddly :)

I started another wool soaker last night. If I work on it for a couple hours, I should get it done today.  After this soaker is finished, I won't make anymore newborn sized ones for this baby. I hope he really won't need more than 3 in each size, lol The yarn I bought will be for the next size up or bigger, and the leggings will be made to match. The leggings should be a bit big, because the baby won't really need them until it gets cooler or he starts to crawl.

I'll post a picture of the soaker once I finish it, and of the yarn when it arrives next week.

That's all for now :)

No comments:

Post a Comment