Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Larkin Baby Blanket

I did start the gift baby blanket today, and managed to get 5 hours work in. I am using the Larkin Baby Blanket pattern from Knit Picks. I chose Knit Picks Comfy Sport (75% Pima Cotton, 25% Acrylic) in the color "Sea Foam." The yarn looks bluer on the website, and greener in real life. My pictures make it look more of a grayish blue.


5 hours progress!


So far I am liking the pattern and working with the yarn. Knit Picks Comfy yarn is very soft and nice to work with, and shows stitch definition very nicely. The leaf pattern on the blanket looks a little smooshed right now, but I think it will be very pretty once I get it finished and blocked. I feel like I've gotten quite a bit knitted up with just over half the skein of yarn. I bought 10 skeins total for the blanket.

I do have a tiny bit of concern when it comes to finishing the blanket on time. It is sport weight and I am working it up on size 4 needles.  It feels like it goes kinda slow, so hopefully I can consistently find the time to work on it. Thankfully today, my daughters needed little direction during school and I was able to multitask some :)

I plan on keeping track of how many hours I spend on this blanket, just for curiosities sake ;)

2 comments:

  1. I love the pattern! It is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I think the leaf pattern is very pretty too, plus it is fun to knit!

    ReplyDelete