Friday, April 1, 2011

Elenka Complete!

The intention was to upload progress pictures of the Berry colored "Elenka" dress this morning. Anyway that was the plan yesterday. Last night I was so close to finishing the dress...so I stayed up and finished it. I do believe it was around 3:00 am when I finished pinning the dress to my blocking board. Since it is finished, I'll just post the progress pictures and the complete pictures. Yes, there are a ton of pictures, lol


This is the skirt, just completed before I started on the bodice. I did more rows than called for in order to get a longer dress.


All knitting completed! Now time for sewing the straps and weaving in the ends.


Just a close up of the pre-sewn bodice.

Double crochet edging all done!

Here you can see why blocking is so necessary.

Same here. Very puckered and not very nice looking.

On the rack! It isn't very straight or neat looking, but not so bad for doing this at 3 in the morning!

Here is a close up of the blocked bottom, so much better looking!

Close up of the blocked-bodice. I just wanted to show the daisy stitch.


Now for the pictures I took this morning of the completed dresses.


Here is the "Berry Elenka" all done.

"Lime Elenka" doesn't look that terribly much smaller in this picture, but the size difference becomes very apparent when they are being worn.

My oldest daughter (6) is very excited to finally be able to wear her dress.

My 4-year-old is trying so hard to be pretty that she kept forgetting to smile, this was as much of a smile as I was going to get out of her.

Here you can see what I mean about the length. The largest size in the pattern is for 5t, so I added enough rows that the dress should have came to her knees...guess the blocking threw that out the window, lol. I wasn't expecting it to stretch down so much, but that's okay since she really likes it long anyway. Maybe she will be able to wear it longer before outgrowing it.
Both kids are really happy with their pretty dresses, and I am too.

Umm, slips come in child sizes, right? lol I didn't expect it to be quite so see-through, so will have to find a slip or shorts to go underneath before letting them wear the dresses out of the house.

My unwilling background model was happy when we finally got away from the couch and let him resume his nap. In the picture of the backs of the dresses, you can see him peeking between the girls, lol.


So that's half of my 4 spring projects completed. I will be starting the "Blue Reflection" dress this evening (probably as soon as I click on "Post" lol). I will try to be better about posting progress pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment