Monday, April 11, 2011

"Blue Reflection" dress progress.

The crochet dress is progressing more slowly than I anticipated. I do think it is going well so far though. I completed the back of the dress several days ago and am now working on the front.

This is the entire back of the dress.

Here is a close up of the dress to better show the shell pattern. It looks more yellow here because of the lighting. Color is much better in the previous picture.

The shell pattern is easy enough, as is the edge work and reducing for shape. This is definitely not a difficult pattern, it is just slow going. I am not very far on the front of the dress, probably about 7 or 8 inches.

I am making this in a size medium to fit a bust size of 36-38 inches. I have no delusions of this fitting me when I complete it. I am working on my weight-loss, and this dress is a goal for me (one among many). The general idea is that I will be able to squeeze into the dress by late spring and work to get it fitting better throughout summer. Maybe it'll be good motivation, or just super frustrating, guess I'll find out.

I'll post more pictures once I get it finished.

5 comments:

  1. I still think the way the pattern plays out as you knit it is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that the pattern looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys! I hope to finish it soon (possibly this evening) and post pictures of the completed dress. You can see the reduction in width show up in the way the variegated yarn patterns itself, lol still pretty though.

    ReplyDelete