Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Random knit stuff.

I have three on-going projects at the moment. I am still working on the children's sock. Truth is I completed the first sock days ago. I completed the second one soon after, then discovered that it was too small. I ripped it out and started over, to discover that I hadn't made the wrong size after all, I just forgot to increase after the cuff was made... I have since fixed it and gotten about two inches done on it, but am too discouraged at the moment to work on it.

While upset with the sock, I started working on a shirt (perhaps it will be a tank, it all depends on how far the yarn goes) for myself. No pattern, I just cast on a random number and started knitting. I decided it was going too slowly (size 5 needles so it would be closely stitched and dense, but took way too long to work each round) and the greens were sort of depressing... so I started my third project. The left over Cotton-Ease from the girls' dresses are being worked into a shirt for my youngest daughter. My husband thinks it looks kinda kooky with pink and green together, but what does he know?! (it really does look kooky, but I'm hoping it looks better once finished, hey, I'm working with what I've got, lol).

The child's shirt has a pink seed stitch edging on the bottom, and the green main color I am working in an eyelet pattern. I am hoping it looks decent when I am done, and fits (seeing as how I did zero measuring and just cast on a random number of stitches). I am only about 4-5 inches on it, but it should work up fairly quickly.

Today I decided I didn't like how the shirt for me was turning out, so I ripped it all out and wound it into a ball. I started over, but am working two of the strands together on a size 11 needle. I have been working on it fairly steadily throughout the day and have a good 7 inches in progress. I am using left over Red Heart Super Saver, in a dark green for edging and light sage for the main color. It is working up pretty quickly and I hope to get it done by the weekend.

On a last note, I am teaching my 4-year-old to crochet. We just started today, and besides her getting frustrated very easily, it is going pretty good. She wants to make a scarf just like her big sister is making, only hers will be purple and white instead of pink and light pink. We are only doing single crochet stitches, but so far so good. She seems to be picking it up pretty well, but is having trouble learning how to hold the yarn and hook properly. I expect her to be doing very well with it in a couple more days (we just started today).

No comments:

Post a Comment