Saturday, September 24, 2011

Christmas project #1 - Tribute Socks.

I just started project 1 of 11 Christmas knits. Yes, I am making 11 knitted gifts for Christmas this year. I just ordered the yarn yesterday from KnitPicks.com. I had purchased the yarn for this gift when I bought the yarn for my husband's socks. I just started knitting them today and I am totally not following the pattern at all, lol!

The socks I am making are super cool and they are named Tribute. I love the look of these socks, and picked them out for a certain person that I think will like them. They are such fun looking socks! I really am not following the pattern for these at all. These are top down socks, but I am making them toe up. I will make the gusset and heel portions like I did on the Diamond Wave Socks, only I am using the pattern chart for the lace from the Tribute pattern. I turned the chart upside down to work it. It seems to be going well so far, so here's hoping it turns out well! I will post pictures once I get more of the foot portion done so the lace pattern can actually be seen.

A note about the yarn. I have purchased most all of the yarn I will need for my other 10 Christmas knits. I may make one scarf in the black yarn that I ordered, then purchase a beautiful jade green later to make another one. There is a certain person is the family who likes green, and this green yarn is very beautiful but still masculine enough to make a nice scarf for the man I am thinking of using it for. I had thought the yarn wasn't available until the end of October, but I was wrong! It is available the 5th! I forgot to order sock blockers with my last order, so I will make an order on the 5th for that yarn and those sock blockers I keep forgetting to buy.

No comments:

Post a Comment