Saturday, September 24, 2011

Elementary Watson Socks, complete!

I finished binding off my husband's socks last night (super late actually...). He tried them on today and seemed to really like them. I think the striping is a little bit weird and they would look much nicer in a solid color. I still think they look nice though, it's not like I don't like them. I do have a few ideas to make them better next time, like casting on more stitches to make the toe area wider and less...pointy.

Anyway, less talking and more pictures!










I like this sock pattern enough that I will make it again after Christmas knits are done. I would like to make at least one more pair for my husband. The pattern is pretty easy to follow and I actually learned to do a couple new things from it. I spent the time to learn how to cable without a cable needle. It was very easy once I got the hang of it and I MUCH prefer it to using a cable needle. Another technique I learned was Jeny's Surprising Stretchy Bind-Off. It really is surprisingly stretchy and something I will most likely be using a lot in the future.

I made these socks using Patons Kroy Socks FX yarn, a size 1 (2.5mm) circular needle (magic loop method) and the following pattern from Ravelry.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment