Monday, September 26, 2011

Tribute socks, REBOOT!

Ha ha ha, the title says it all. Toe-up did not work with the Tribute lace pattern. It was looking okay, but some of the shaping wasn't turning out right. So after 2 days of work, I frogged it... and yes, I felt like crying a little (out of shear frustration, not sadness, lol).

I started the sock reboot last evening and by this evening I am just now back to my previous progress level (used up all the yarn I pulled out and am back to pulling from the skein). I am not enjoying the slipping stitches to shift the pattern between needles (sorta hard since I am working both socks on the same needle...it sucks, I am having to put stitches on a holder until the next needle, it is a lot of messing around). I am really liking how the lace is turning out though, looks just like the picture. I do wish I was using a wool and silk blend. While not as easy care as the wool and nylon blend, it would show the stitches better and just look fantastic. The socks are still turning out really nicely though.

I have no delusions of finishing the Tribute socks before my KnitPicks order gets here. I was hoping to knit up a chunky double knit hat and scarf for my brother's Christmas knit, but I'll need to push myself to finish these socks first. I already have two projects going, even if the green jacket for my husband is very much on the back burner. I have issues with starting projects and not finishing them. It is important to me to get all these gifts done on time, and I don't want to have projects hanging in limbo.

I will post a picture of the socks once I get at least one full repeat finished of the lace pattern. I am on row 16 of 24 at the moment, so hopefully I will have a picture very soon :)

By the way, Reboot is an awesome show, and is now available to stream on Netflix!! Alphanumeric!

No comments:

Post a Comment