Monday, February 4, 2013

Baby leggings!

I finished two pairs of baby leggings a couple days ago. This was my first time using Knit Picks Felici Sport stripping yarn. I got the color Depths. I like it well enough. It is pretty soft and pleasant to work with, but I see what others say about weird little flecks of color where they don't belong and the occasional light spot between colors. I am making these for a little boy to crawl around in though, so I don't really mind the imperfections that much. Besides I paid less than $6 for two skeins which made two pairs, with some scrap yarn left over. I don't think I would use this yarn for making a gift, but is awesome for my own kiddos. In fact, both of my daughters were begging that I make striped socks for them, lol


This is the first pair I made. They turned out well, though I kinda don't like that thin strip of dark blue on the top cuff. I am all about symmetry, so it kinda bugs my inner ocd.


Here are the two pairs next to each other, as you can see, I made the second pair on the left longer than the first pair. There isn't anything in the picture for size reference (totally spaced it out!) but the shorter pair measures about 8 1/2 inches.


I sort of used a pattern for these, as in I looked to see how many to cast on and about how long to make them (the first anyways). I might make some later with different yarn and maybe incorporate some cables. This was just my first attempt at making simple leggings, and I'm pleased with them. I knit both of these over the weekend after I finished the Larkin baby blanket, so I think they are a pretty quick little project. Some super bright stripped green ones would be cute next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment