Monday, February 4, 2013

Larkin baby blanket

I finished the Larkin baby blanket a couple days ago, and think it turned out pretty nice.


Here it is, unblocked.


Blocked, but still wet (why it looks blotchy).


Close up of the edging, which took forever!


All folded and ready to be wrapped up!


Of all the pictures, this one is the most accurate color-wise.

I really enjoyed working the leaf pattern. It was simple but still interesting and fun. It took a couple pattern repeats to memorize the lace pattern, and I could still manage it while multitasking. I really liked the yarn as well, but that was no surprise. I really enjoyed working with Knit Pick's Comfy in fingering weight, so it makes sense that I really liked it in sport weight as well. The Sea Foam color isn't quite what I was going for, but I like the finished product quite well anyways.

I tracked hours spent working on it for fun (blocking not included, or course). I put in a total of 63 hours over the course of about 4-5 days (they kinda blurred together, so I'm not sure which it is!). I pretty much worked all day long on this blanket during the days I worked on it. I spent as much time as I could during bookwork hours in home school, and all my free time in the evenings working on it as well. I started watching Bones on Netflix (love that show despite the yuck factor!) and am now on season 8, lol. My weekend was spent relaxing with my feet up, watching Bones, and knitting like a mad woman! lol Not all of that time was spent working on this blanket, but a good chunk of it was. I don't think the number of hours is too bad honestly. I've made socks that took upwards of 100 hours (they were beautiful too, lol), so 63 for a pretty little baby blanket is a nice number :)

No comments:

Post a Comment