Sunday, February 24, 2013

Go-Veralls, Completed!

I completed the "On the Go-Veralls" pants last night. Over all I really like the finished product. The pattern was fine to work up, though I did not use the suggested gusset moderation, but just did my own instead. I haven't put buttons on yet, and the straps are a bit short. I ran out of yarn while knitting up the straps, so they are 4 inches long instead of 6. I am hoping they will stretch enough so it will still fit (fully stretched they are close to 6.5 inches long). It would be very easy to attach more yarn and make the straps longer, though I've no idea when my next yarn order will be. The pattern called for 200 yards worsted weight for the 0-6 month size, and I used 220 yards (with exact gauge). I would have had enough if I'd left the gusset increases out, but I don't want to frog and redo that much of the project.


Finally, pictures that show how pretty this yarn is! The legs don't look bad here, and I am glad that I decided to make them a bit narrower. The final project looks pretty big for 0-6 month size. I plan to make this again, and will go down a needle size or two.

 The bib portion here looks a bit small to me. I am interested to see how it looks on.

 Here is the back. You can see that I added three rows of short rows for extra diaper room. The pattern didn't call for it (another area I used too much yarn).

 The suggested gusset mod looked strange to me. It had a row of purl stitches running between the gusset increases and the legs, and just looked kinda out of place to me. I just did my favorite left and right leaning increases for sock toes, and am pleased with how clean it looks. Please excuse my sloppy kitchener stitches, I straightened them up a bit after taking the picture.

I started a pair of longies last night after finishing the above project. I am nearly done with it, so should be posting pictures of it either tonight or tomorrow morning. It is the crazy black and orange striped pair. I was thinking something along the lines of construction signs, but working on it just makes me think of bees. Anyway, there will be no losing the boy wearing those things, lol

Hopefully I'll get around to washing and blocking the bee baby blanket later today. It has been sitting, all folded up, mocking me for days now.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh I have been thinking about these pattern ever since I saw it on ravelry! You are running a very dangerous blog for me :p

    I do agree on the bib portion, if I do end up making it I think I would prefer that area to be a bit bigger. I may also add a pocket, or at least a faux one for details. I'm not sure what to think about the gusset with purls LOL. But I would definitely add short rows too so thanks for the heads up, I will probably order an extra skein or two before I tackle this one.

    ReplyDelete