Monday, February 4, 2013

Buzzy Bee Baby Blanket.

I just started this blanket Sunday afternoon, and have 7 hours of work put into so far. I am using the Buzzy Bee Baby Blanket pattern from Knit Picks, and their Swish Worsted yarn in the colors "Honey" and "Black."


This is the first full pattern repeat finished, and the start of the next striped section.


Do these look like bees? My daughter thought they were birds :/


I gotta say, working with this bright yellow yarn is fun and kinda uplifting. The pattern is really simple so far, though I have run into one small issue so far. On the chart, it lists to do the cable stitches again on the reverse side. It doesn't specify on the written pattern at all. It says to purl for the yarn overs and decreases, but for some reason doesn't include the back sides of the cables. I thought it seemed pretty weird, so went and looked at the designer's blog. Another knitter had asked for this to be clarified, and the designer stated it was to be purled, like I assumed it should.

I have four more repeats of the pattern to make, then knit the border on the sides. I think it is a cool looking blanket so far, and I can't wait to see how the finished product turns out! Hopefully baby boy likes it!

No comments:

Post a Comment