Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Yarn order for woolies.

I ordered a bunch of yarn from Knit Picks today. I got some of their Valentines sale yarn (good on pinks and reds only). I was able to get a couple skeins of the "Andes del Campo" since it was cheaper, but mostly just stuck with "Wool of the Andes" worsted. For about $52 I got enough yarn for 8 wool pants that will double as diaper covers. That works out to only $6.55 each! Those will last the baby through his 1st year, and if I frog and reuse the yarn even longer than that.

Since I was getting cheaper yarn, I didn't stick with just the sale yarn. I don't think I could stand for him to only have red pants, lol I really wanted to get some Full Circle in worsted weight, but they were out of the red : ( That's okay though, because I got a pretty good variety of colors. I should have some leftovers to make a funky stripped pair of pants too, so I may even get 9 pairs out of it.

I saved a picture from my checkout so I don't have to try to list all the colors, so here's that.






I figured two skeins, or 220 yards, should be enough to make 0-6 month sized pants (according to several longies patterns I looked at for reference) and 3 skeins for 6-12 month sizes. I got single skeins of the orange and black, because I plan on those being a super loud pair of striped longies ; )

I'll post a yarn haul with pictures when my order gets here. I should have my order by the end of next week : )

No comments:

Post a Comment