Thursday, December 29, 2011

Christmas knit #10 "Henry" Completed!

I am updating this late; however I did get the scarf done before Christmas (barely!). I was in such a hurry to get the scarf finished, blocked, and dried that I forgot to take pictures! It all worked out though since the recipient was kind enough to let me take a picture after Christmas.

My feelings about the "Henry" pattern are mixed. The scarf turned out beautiful, however it was very time consuming. I did not do the full 7 repeats of the pattern, instead I only did 5 so I could finish it on time. The width is still good, so 5 repeats was a good call. I don't know if I would ever make this scarf pattern again. It might be worth it if I had a lot of time to dedicate towards it, but I will never try to knit it up in a time crunch again.

The pattern just pops and looks great after blocking.

No comments:

Post a Comment