Saturday, December 31, 2011

Christmas knits #9 "Hourglass" Complete!

I finished the "Hourglass" socks last night, finally! I think they turned out pretty great, though I'm not too thrilled with how the color worked out. A solid color would have looked better. The socks are longer than I usually make, hopefully the recipient doesn't mind taller socks.








The pattern worked up okay. It was kind of fun and quite engaging even if it did take forever to complete. I would definitely make this pattern again as I think it is really pretty and fun to work. I don't think I will use a hand painted yarn for it though. If I make these socks again in the future, I will be using a solid or lightly marbled yarn that doesn't over power the pattern.

This is the second time I've made socks with KnitPicks Stroll Fingering yarn. I really love this yarn. The colors are very vibrant and the yarn is soft and better yet it is affordable.

No comments:

Post a Comment