Saturday, December 31, 2011

Christmas Knit #11

I've just started on another pair of socks. I am making the "Muscari" pattern from Knitty.com. I will be using KnitPicks Stroll hand painted fingering yarn again. This time I will be using a beautiful blue colorway called "Lullaby." I am using my nickle "Options" needles again, this time in size 0 (2.00mm).


See what I mean about beautiful blues? These colors are very vibrant and pretty.

 Here is my progress so far. This is the cuff and one pattern repeat.

 Here is a close up of the sock. You can see the flower pattern some here. It is also worth noting that the blues are deeper and not so bright in real life as they appear in this picture.

 So far I am liking the pattern. The cuff is shorter than I usually make them, but it is cool how it transitions into the flower pattern. The flower pattern is pretty straightforward with no tricky stitches and easy to work up. I have a feeling that these socks will knit up way faster than the last pair. That's all for now on these socks.


No comments:

Post a Comment