Thursday, December 1, 2011

Christmas knit #7 "Spring Forward" Complete!

Hooray for a complete and finished pair of socks! These socks are super bright and happy looking (yes, a touch crazy too). I am planning on giving these to someone who has had a rough patch lately and could use something cheerful, and what is nicer than a pair of fun hand-made socks?

The pattern was decent, though I really didn't follow it. I used the magic loop method and the pattern is written for dpns. So while the pattern called for shifting stitches around between needles, I didn't have to move my stitches at all :D I think the pattern is interesting and it is very simple to knit, but I don't think I like it enough to make it again.

I love the yarn. I have been very pleased with all the yarn from Knit Picks that I have tried so far, but this sock yarn feels great and comes in some very nice colors. I have two more sock patterns to knit up using this same yarn in different colorways, and I can't wait!

I used my bum needle with the dull-ish tip and the sharp tip, and didn't really even notice it while working. I used the sharp tip to do the knitting, but didn't have any problems at all while using the duller tip for the ssk decreases.

I usually link to the patter and what products I used, but am too lazy right now to do so. I am not to lazy to post pictures though ;)




No comments:

Post a Comment