Sunday, December 11, 2011

Christmas knit #9 "Hourglass" update.

I figure I have about 20 hours put into these socks so far. I have about one full repeat of the pattern left before I start working the heels. I am pleased with the pattern a lot. Sure these socks are taking forever, but the pattern looks really cool. If I had an year of my life to spend on one garment, it might just be a sweater made out of this pattern in a cream colored yarn. It is very tempting to think of knitting something like that, but it would most likely take a year to do, lol

This picture shows both the pattern and the colors pretty well. I put the pattern behind the sock so you can actually see the detailing better (the holes weren't even visible otherwise).

The pattern I am following is rated extra spicy (the equivalent of expert level). I have not ran into anything difficult yet, or at least nothing has stumped me or needed "figuring out." I am wondering if the extra bump up in difficulty is just due to how much attention the pattern requires. This is NOT a pattern to work while watching an interesting tv show, that's for sure. There is cabling, knitting through the back loop, and purl two together through the back loop, but I wouldn't say any of those are hard (gotta say I am not overly fond of the P2tog tbl stitches though).

I hope the person I am making these for loves them, seeing as how I am putting such a huge amount of time into them (and I think they are pretty cool!). These socks should be extra comfy as well. Most of the showing stitches on the outside are purl, so nearly all the stitches that will be against the feet will be smooth knit stitches.

I probably won't post on these socks again until I finish them, which will hopefully within the next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment