Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Christmas knit #9

You know how I started that pair of black thigh-highs for myself for fun? Well I started making them using the needle I needed for Christmas knit #9, lol Stupid, but hey, I power knitted through the foot of the thigh-highs so I could switch out the needles. Hooray for completing the feet on the thigh-highs!

I am making a sock pattern from Knitty.com called "Hourglass." It is an extraspicy difficulty level, but so far is pretty fun to work (I like patterns that require lots of attention and careful detail). I am using Knit Picks Stroll Hand Painted Sock Yarn (same kind of yarn as was used to make "Spring Forward"), which is machine washable and driable 75% Superwash Merino and 25% Nylon in the color "Make Believe." The coloring on this yarn is beautiful, and I am looking forward to seeing the finished product. And as usual I am using magic loop method. I think it is pretty safe to always assume that when working socks I am using the magic loop method, unless otherwise noted of course :)

 The hank of yarn on day 1.

 Here is the yarn divided as evenly as possible into two balls.  Aren't those pretty colors?

Here is my progress after 5 1/2 hours of straight knitting through last night... yes, I stayed up all night knitting (can't claim that's it's the first time either, lol). I have worked about two hours on it today and am nearing completing the first pattern repeat. I will post a new picture when I get enough progress that the pattern really starts to show.

1 comment:

  1. OHO! You didn't mention you'd been up all night... :)Those crossovers do seem a bit tricky...

    ReplyDelete