Thursday, December 1, 2011

Christmas knit #3 "Skullface" COMPLETE!!

Yes, I finally finished "Skullface." In the end I choose to not make a back for it. Once I got the entire thing together I decided adding a back would just make it too heavy and too bulky. It is a wide scarf and I don't think it would be as functional if it were thick as well.

I made a few alterations to the pattern and I believe they were for the better. I omitted the scalloped like edging on the ends and the cord for tying it to make a "vest." I think it looks more masculine now and has simpler lines. I also chose to graft the two pieces together instead of a three needle bind off. I think it looks much nicer and isn't noticeable unless you are actually looking for it.

Over all, I am really pleased with the scarf. I think it looks great, is fun, interesting, but not so crazy as to be unwearable. I do imagine that it will be quite toasty and warm for this winter and is long enough to be wrapped around the face/neck twice. I really hope the recipient likes this scarf and enjoys it this winter.

Here are pictures of the finished product, including a shot of the back :)




No comments:

Post a Comment