Thursday, December 1, 2011

Christmas knit #6 "Danica" Complete!

I would have had this scarf finished on time and posted Thanksgiving evening if all would have went well. I ended up getting a terrible stomach bug that day and have spent most of this past week trying to get well again (knitting and barfing wouldn't make a good mix anyways ;). Well it is finished now and looks rather handsome.

The pattern lies when it says weaving in all the ends takes less time than you would think; it took me about 3 hours to do :( Weaving in ends is not my favorite thing to do, so I am glad that is over with. The scarf was trying to roll a bit on the ends so I blocked it. I wet blocked the scarf, but did not pin it and tried to scrunch it up a bit so it wouldn't lose that cool "woven" look. It lies flatter now and looks nicer. This was a great project, fun to make, quick to complete, and looks cool. Here are the pictures!



No comments:

Post a Comment