Thursday, October 20, 2011

Skullface scarf progress, with pictures.

I am nearly half done with the Skullface scarf. It is working up fairly quickly and I would probably be finished with it by now had I worked on it more consistently. There were a few days I didn't work on it at all.

Here is one repeat of the skull pattern. This is the only picture so far that accurately shows the red tonal yarn. You can also see that I did not do the shell edging like the pattern calls for. I want to keep it as straight edged and masculine as I can so frilly edges just wasn't going to work ;)

Here is my progress so far. Tonight I will be completing a section of black then starting the second half of the scarf. I decided the scarf was not going to be long enough, so instead of 3 repeats of the skull pattern, I am doing 4. Because of this there is a possibility that I may run out of red yarn before completing the scarf, but I'll deal with that when it actually becomes an issue.

I think the scarf looks splendid so far. I did not take a picture showing the back yet. I am almost considering knitting a back for the scarf because the wrong side does look a bit messy. I haven't decided for sure yet, but I will probably end up buying more black yarn and knitting a plain black back for the scarf just so it looks neater and more finished. If I were making this for myself I wouldn't bother with a back, but I like gifts to be finished and neat.

1 comment: