Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Yarn haul!

My box of wonderful knitting bliss arrived on Monday. I should have posted right away, but the yarn lured me in and I had to start knitting right away!

This is what I found in the box, knitting needles and a HUGE bag of yarn! Sure feels like Christmas yarn to me :D


 (click picture for larger version)

Top row, #1: Wool of the Andes Bulky, 2 each of Coal and Smokey (hat and scarf).
Top row, #2: Swish Superwash, 4 in black & 1 Swish Tonal in Gypsy (scarf).           
Top row, #3: Gloss Fingering, 4 in Black (scarf).                                                        
Bottom row, #1: Swish Superwash Worsted, 2 each of Lava and Hollyberry (scarf)
Bottom row, #'s 2,3, & 4: Stroll Hand Painted, 1 each of Lullaby, Make Believe, & Juice Box (socks)
Bottom row, #'s 5 & 6: Shimmer, 1 each of Elderberry and Sherry (scarves)

I took close up pictures of each group of yarn, and will include those pictures when their respective projects are being worked on. I have started the hat using the first group of yarn pictured, but nearly have it completed. There isn't much sense posting a "project start" post when I will be posting a "project completed" post in such sort amount of time. I literally have two inches and the bind off to finish the hat. I should get it completed and the post created by tomorrow evening (if I am slow). I plan to make a scarf to match, but more on that later :)

I must say that I am thoroughly impressed with the yarn so far. It all feels wonderfully soft and luxurious and the wool and silk blends have a beautiful sheen to them. I feel that the $162 I paid for all the yarn and the needles was a great deal. Everything is very nice quality and will make beautiful Christmas gifts! I can't wait to work with all the yarns and see how the completed projects turn out!

I will be making another order to KnitPicks for the Gloss Fingering yarn (top right black yarn in picture) in Jade. I also need to pick up sock blockers and a couple more needles for making socks.

Happy knitting!

1 comment:

  1. KnitPicks moved the availability of the yarn from the 5th to the 10th. I was bummed out about that, but nothing I can do about it. Hopefully the yarn I need is really available for order the 10th. I need the yarn and the sock blockers for Christmas knits!

    ReplyDelete