Thursday, October 13, 2011

Tribute progress.

I am making good progress on the Tribute socks. In fact I finished the heel section last night and am now working on the gusset. I hope to complete the gusset section today and may just keep working on the foot. I was going to swap down a needle size after finishing the gusset decreases, but am second guessing myself on that plan. I don't think it will be too loose now, and a smaller needle may in fact make it a touch too tight. I may not use a smaller needle size until I reach the toe area, if at all, depending on how it goes down.

I am antsy to get the socks done. Don't get me wrong, I am enjoying the rhythm to the lace pattern and using the smaller needles after working with the size 10's. My problem is that I keep feeling that soft merino wool and I long to knit with it so badly! It is so soft and smooshy, and that tonal red is so pretty and happy looking. After using the creme colored yarn, I am dying for something more colorful!

I haven't not decided if I am going to post right after I finish the socks, or if I will wait and post pictures once they have been blocked. My most recent order from Knit Picks won't be arriving until the 20th, so won't be able to block the socks until then. I guess, it's not like I would have any shortage of projects to knit in the mean-time, lol

No comments:

Post a Comment